Information for Clients
WCL is an established engineering and construction recruitment company offering specialist search and consulting services to clients and candidates throughout the world.
Our recruitment services cover the full spectrum of positions from senior management to skilled technicians for posts in heavy industries such as oil and gas, power, etc., rail, architecture & interior design, engineering and the building industry.
The supply of contract personnel
All levels of staff may be supplied on a contract or temporary basis from junior to senior level. Contract staff will fill in a weekly/monthly time sheet for hours or days worked which will be signed by their supervisor or manager. As all contract staff are paid on a weekly/monthly basis, WCL also sends its clients invoices on a weekly/monthly basis – one invoice for one time sheet. Verbal references are taken up before the contract worker begins his new assignment. All rates are negotiable dependant upon location and the level of personnel required.
The supply of permanent personnel to the HK and East Asia Regions.
All levels of permanent staff can be found by WCL either by using our extensive database to do a file search or by placing the vacancy in an advertisement with jobs from other clients in the appropriate recruitment board or similar media platform/s. These methods are frequently combined. Fees for permanent recruitment are based on a percentage (to be mutually agreed between WCL and the client) of annual salary plus allowance with Guarantee Period between 8-12-week subject to the terms in Terms of Business. Every effort is made to ensure that you receive the right c.v.’s. The more detailed the job specification you can give to WCL the better the selection process!
The supply of permanent personnel with languages
All levels of personnel can be supplied to work in HK or overseas with languages i.e. English, French, German, Spanish, Indian, Arab etc. The selection process is as for permanent staff. Fees are negotiable based on a percentage (to be mutually agreed between WCL and the client) dependant upon location, language spoken and level of person required. The Guarantee Period is 10 weeks as for overseas staff.
The supply of personnel for overseas locations
All levels of personnel can be supplied to anywhere in the world although we find that there is more call for Degree qualified personnel as most local (overseas) offices tend to use local labour to fill unqualified positions. If you place an overseas post with WCL apart from wanting a detailed job specification we will also want to know whether the post is for a person seeking single or married status, whether the accommodation, food and transport is provided, what is the leave cycle etc. The fee is based on a percentage (to be mutually agreed between WCL and the client) of the overseas annual salary unless the requirement if for someone with languages. If this is the case, please refer to the supply of personnel with languages for fees. The Guarantee Period is 10 weeks reducing by one tenth per week. WCL can arrange medicals, vaccinations, passports and Visas which will be charged for at cost plus a handling charge based on a percentage (to be mutually agreed between WCL and the client).
Executive Search, Selection and Advertising
This service is ideally suited to the placement of qualified or fairly senior personnel or where there are multi jobs within your organisation. The process is as follows:
- A WCL consultant will visit you at your office or on site if the positions are site based
- A detailed job specification is drawn up (advice on salaries and benefits can be given)
- An advertisement is worded and designed by a WCL consultant for your specific vacancy and approved by you
- The advertisement can carry your name and logo as well as ours should you so wish
- At the same time as your advertisement appearing in the appropriate recruitment media WCL will have already commenced a thorough file search from their extensive database
- Your WCL consultant will thoroughly interview all prospective candidates having already short-listed those most suitable from the c.v.’s received
- Verbal references will be taken up preferably from two sources
- A short-list of candidates will be provided and a day for you to interview arranged at your convenience either at your office or at ours
- We can negotiate offers and packages on your behalf and we will keep in touch with all parties until the candidate actually starts
The advantages are as follows:
- You benefit from the same discounts that WCL receives as regular advertisers with all the trade journals and/or recruitment media
- WCL designs the advertisement saving you and your secretary time
- WCL handles all the response and does all the initial sorting out of c.v.’s saving you time in taking phone calls and answering letters from unsuitable applicants
- WCL takes up references and does all the initial interviewing saving you even more time and paperwork
- WCL arranges all the interviews for you and continues to organise everything right up until the candidate starts, even writing to the unsuccessful people yet again saving you time
The cost of the advertisement is charged at the same rate as charged by the journal to WCL Fees are based on a percentage (to be mutually agreed between WCL and the client) dependant upon the amount of vacancies and the level of personnel required. The rebate period is as for Permanent Personnel.
Head Hunting is recommended for supplying you with very senior personnel at Associate and General Manager level or above. Head Hunting works in a similar way to Executive Search, Selection and Advertising except that we may or may not advertise dependant upon the confidentiality of the vacancy. The selection process is the same except that Chartered Architects, Engineers or Surveyors can be used if our client wants us to give a detailed technical interview.
In addition to the above, WCL consultants will identify people in the industry at the level you require by doing detailed research on your competitors. It is quite likely that the ideal candidate is already working and will have to be approached in a discreet manner. Because of our many contacts within the industry, we often know if someone at senior level is not happy where they are currently employed.
Fees are based on a percentage (to be mutually agreed between WCL and the client) dependant upon the difficulty of the assignment that we are undertaking.